Necessary information about the WWCC2017 in Iran, Tehran
1. Visa Formalities Details:
Participants should send their passport copies to
. Participants should specify in which embassy they want to get their visas. Participants who are holder of passports of USA, Canada, England, Colombia, Jordan, Somalia, Iraq, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India cannot get on arrival visa. Other participants can get on arrival visa at the airport. The procedure of getting on arrival visa at Imam Khomeini International Airport (IKA) in Tehran will be as following:
Please prepare travel insurance letter for you from your insurance company in advance. In this case the visa issuance process will be much more faster. Be noted that the Iranian agent contact should be specified in the insurance letter. When you enter the airport, they guide you to the visa office. You should hand over the visa reference number, passport and travel insurance letter. If you do not have insurance letter with you, you will be sent to the insurance office to get it. Then you should go to the bank and pay the visa fee. The visa fee will be different country by country, between 50 and 150 Euro. Finally you come back to the visa office and get your visa.
Surely please check the visa period in your passports. We, as organizers, requested the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Iran to issue one-month visa for you, starting from 9th February. However, it's better to be checked by you, too.
2. Transportation from the airport to the hotel will be provided by the organizer.
3. The hotel information is:
5* Espinas Palace Hotel Address: Behroud Sq., Saadat abad, Tehran, Iran Tel: +98 21 7567 0000 Website: http://www.espinashotels.com The rooms prices are as following: Single room with breakfast, 150 USD per night Double room with breakfast, 200 USD per night Meal, 10-30 USD (depending on the food you order)
4. System of Payment: According to the FIDE and Chess Federation of I. R. Iran agreement and in order to make your travel to Iran easy, the hotel bills for accommodation and food may be offset against your prize money.
5. Be informed that MasterCard, VisaCard, and any other credit cards are not working in Iran. So please have some cash money with you for your personal expenses. We suggest you to exchange your money to the local currency (Iranian Rial) at Tehran Airport.
6. Dress Code in I. R. Iran: Women should wear scarf, long-sleeve shirts, long trousers or skirt. Men should wear long trousers. It should be noted that all of statements mentioned above are exclusively to outdoor and public appearance. In addition, there is no restriction in the color of the clothes.
7. Weather: February is winter time in Iran. Average temperature will be 5' C.
8. Power Sockets: In Iran the power sockets are of type C and F. The standard voltage is 220 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.